If the current situation around the world with the COVID-19 illness has taught us anything, it is the importance of keeping ourselves and our surroundings clean. We know the emphasis being placed on washing your hands and avoiding other people when you aren’t feeling well. But let’s also remember to keep everything in our homes clean too. This means disinfecting. Long before this COVID-19 pandemic, Wilding Wallbeds started helping customers do this by adding antimicrobial protection.
Antimicrobial Protection For Furniture
When you have your custom furniture made at Wilding Wallbeds, this is one way to make it safer and protect your family. This is antimicrobial technology that is infused in the finish during the manufacturing process of Murphy Beds. It is then a permanent part of the finished product. This happens with the Sherwin-Williams finishes that we use. This technology protects against mold and mildew without any change to the durability or aesthetics of the Murphy Bed. This was initially designed for use in clinics and hospitals.
Antimicrobial protection is more than just an ordinary surface disinfectant that temporarily eliminates microbes. It works 24/7 to inhibit the growth of those pesky microbes. Your products, and therefore your home will be cleaner with more odor control because your problems will be prevented before they even start. The best part is that it won’t wash off or wear away. You’ll never need to have it reapplied and it will provide protection for the life of the product.
Microban is commonly used in the sportswear industry to permanently get rid of odor, mold, and mildew. It is also popular with the producers of things like medical equipment, doors, exercise equipment, lockers and infectious control departments in hospitals and clinics. Antimicrobial protection will give you greater confidence and peace of mind with your Murphy Bed!
Cleaning Around Your Home
Whether you have antimicrobial protection as a permanent part of your furniture or not, you are constantly fighting a battle against germs in your home — especially if there are children in the home. Everything around your home needs to be cleaned — some more often than others. The goal of this article is to provide some tips and advice about what you should be cleaning everyday to help you make sure that you win that war against germs in your home. This will help keep the colds, flu, and the Coronavirus from spreading through your family and community. The following tips are from WebMD.
What To Clean And When
Removing the germs from your home needs to happen on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Here are the things that should be getting cleaned everyday in your home.
Do the following each day.
- Clean and disinfect your countertops, sink faucet and handles, refrigerator handles, and cutting boards. Do this in both the kitchen and bathroom.
- When you are cleaning, use dishcloths that you can throw in the washer with hot water. Use a fresh, clean towel or dishcloths each day.
- Clean any spills on the kitchen floor (or other floors) so they don’t attract more dirt and bacteria.
- Empty bathroom garbages — especially any with dirty diapers. Use some sanitizing spray on those containers.
- If you have pets, put their dishes in the dishwasher.
- If you have young kids, clean and disinfect their changing table. Put their pacifiers in the dishwasher or hand wash them.
These suggestions can help you get your cleaning done better and faster.
- Use a disinfectant wipe to clean your debit and credit cards.
- Storing all of your deep cleaning products together in one place. Then they’ll be ready for quick use when it’s time to clean.
- Apply the disinfectant and while letting it sit, work on a different chore to get two things accomplished at the same time.
- Using plastic liners in your garbage cans will prevent many spills and leaks that could require additional cleaning.
- Cleaning immediately after a spill — on the floor, in the fridge, or anywhere else — can prevent messes from becoming even bigger messes.
A New World
In the last few weeks, the world has changed — maybe for good. We all have to adjust and that includes the way we take care of our homes. Following the tips in this article should help make your home clean and safe. Contact us anytime to learn more about our antimicrobial protection or anything else related to Wallbeds or Murphy Beds.